Here is the detailed pros and cons of new Mahindra XUV700.
Mahindra XUV700 Pros
- Handsome styling matched to solid build quality. Has street presence, feels robust.
- Very spacious interiors with comfortable seats and sorted ergonomics. 6-footer passengers welcome!
- 182 BHP turbo-diesel & 197 BHP turbo-petrol make for a potent line-up.
- Smooth 6-speed torque converter Automatics available with both engines.
- Sorted suspension with good road manners & high speed stability.
- AWD available for the adventurous, unlike most FWD crossovers in the segment.
- Loaded with features like radar-based driver assistance system, pop-out door handles, panoramic sunroof, driver memory seat, 360-degree camera, 10.25" infotainment & instrument cluster etc.
- 12-speaker Sony audio system is fantastic! You'll enjoy its sound quality.
- Safety features include 7 airbags, ESP, all-wheel disc brakes, hill hold, hill descent control, driver drowsiness detection, TPMS, ISOFIX..
Mahindra XUV700 Cons
- Negligible boot space with the 3rd-row seat up. Either 5 onboard, or 7 with a roof-top carrier.
- Cramped 3rd-row seat is best suited to children only. A sliding middle row is sorely missed.
- Petrol AT is thirsty due to its hefty weight, 197 BHP & torque-converter AT.
- Some cabin plastics & a few rough areas don't feel premium in an otherwise loaded SUV.
- Missing features such as an auto-dimming IRVM, ventilated seats, paddle shifters, full-size spare wheel, ambient lighting, rear sun blinds.
- Concerns over niggles & bugs in a freshly baked, complex Mahindra. We saw 2!
- Mahindra's after-sales service is a hit or miss. Remains a gamble.
- AWD is available just with the Diesel AT, and not the MT or petrol.
Info Source: Team-BHP