I went to Novelty, Mahindra Ludhiana (+91 80585-00100) to check XUV-7OO in person during their launch events. Their hospitality was great, staff was courteous and knowledgeable. They didn't disclose the number of bookings done at the showroom but they informed us that they have got 25000 bookings overall in India, including online bookings too.
In this video, you will see how Inderpreet Singh explained about their first-day sales experience as a Manager at Novelty, Mahindra, and about some unique features too.
- Handsome styling matched to solid build quality. Has street presence, feels robust.
- Very spacious interiors with comfortable seats and sorted ergonomics. 6-footer passengers welcome!
- 182 BHP turbo-diesel & 197 BHP turbo-petrol make for a potent line-up.
- Smooth 6-speed torque converter Automatics available with both engines.
- Sorted suspension with good road manners & high speed stability.
- AWD available for the adventurous, unlike most FWD crossovers in the segment.
- Loaded with features like radar-based driver assistance system, pop-out door handles, panoramic sunroof, driver memory seat, 360-degree camera, 10.25" infotainment & instrument cluster etc.
- 12-speaker Sony audio system is fantastic! You'll enjoy its sound quality.
- Safety features include 7 airbags, ESP, all-wheel disc brakes, hill hold, hill descent control, driver drowsiness detection, TPMS, ISOFIX..
- Negligible boot space with the 3rd-row seat up. Either 5 onboard, or 7 with a roof-top carrier.
- Cramped 3rd-row seat is best suited to children only. A sliding middle row is sorely missed.
- Petrol AT is thirsty due to its hefty weight, 197 BHP & torque-converter AT.
- Some cabin plastics & a few rough areas don't feel premium in an otherwise loaded SUV.
- Missing features such as an auto-dimming IRVM, ventilated seats, paddle shifters, full-size spare wheel, ambient lighting, rear sun blinds.
- Concerns over niggles & bugs in a freshly baked, complex Mahindra. We saw 2!
- Mahindra's after-sales service is a hit or miss. Remains a gamble.
- AWD is available just with the Diesel AT, and not the MT or petrol.
Never miss an update on a new Video or a Post
Sign Up Now to receive an email when a new video, post or a product review is posted on Volklub!
Share the post if you like it
mahindra, mahindra xuv700
You may also like